Compiling for powerpc (Darwin 9/OS X 10.5)
(03-10-2012, 07:52 AM)R-T-B Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 11:25 PM)FakeTruth Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 08:57 PM)xoft Wrote: Is your code taking that path in cEvent? If you uncomment those lines and put a breakpoint in them, does it hit the breakpoint? If so, that's the reason for your failure - the ASSERT() macro force-terminates the program.

If there's anything that doesn't compile, please send us the patch that makes it work for you. You can either attach a patch file to the forum post, or send me an email at <my-nick> @ <my-nick>.cz

That 'weird' code path was specifically there for Mac >_>

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14137...it-on-os-x

To comment on why I'm using sem_unlink after creation ( // _X: I'm unconvinced about using sem_unlink() just after a successful sem_open(), it seems wrong - why destroy the object just after creating? )
sem_unlink() does not destroy the object yet, it only destroys it after it has been closed

Quote:If one or more processes have the semaphore open when sem_unlink() is called, destruction of the semaphore is postponed until all references to the semaphore have been destroyed by calls to sem_close(), _exit(), or exec
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/790...nlink.html

Yeah, the issue actually has nothing to do with powerpc. The issue lies solely with Darwin using screwy headers. For example, using unnamed semaphores is completely unsupported and brings a host of networking problems with it. This probably applies to intel as well.

I've basically fixed most of the issues, but my fixes are noobish and will likely break compilation on other platforms. Please wait why I test and cleanup the code a bit.

Could you guys by chance use a hand on this project? I really want to learn C and C++ and I have access to several odd pieces of hardware (PowerPC, SPARC, ARM,even a MIPS router running linux) that I could test compilation on. Would be good for an educational experience. The only thing I ask is that I could use this code in a commercial "minebox" I've been developing that is basically a low cost minecraft server in a $100 pricepoint single board computer. I assume the license terms allow that?

As far as what I can contribute, I was the author of PhoenixTerrainMod (google it) and I know a lot about terrain generation in the minecraft style. By the looks of it, you could use some help on that front.

Thanks, will continue to work on this regardless.

-RTB
I think you will have issues with MIPS. MIPS does not support division and square root functions. You would need to change all division operations to multiplication using decimals, and find a substitute for square root operations. Though you could speed up mcserver if you changed all the division operations to multiplication by decimals anyways, since those can be pipelined on most processor architectures.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Compiling for powerpc (Darwin 9/OS X 10.5) - by The Walking Glitch - 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM