Wondering if this would even be possible
Hey didnt want to make a request thread or anything because i am more just wondering if its even possible. Would it even be conceivable to distribute server load across multiple machines? Mineserver mentioned having this capability although i am not sure how true that is as i can find no documentation on the feature or settings to set anything like that up in its config files.

It would definitely be interesting to have the ability to split server load along a cluster of servers. This could also help tackle the latency issues with larger more open servers. By that i mean that most VPS networks are connected together insanely well. So you could have a server in say LA NJ IL Amsterdam places like that and have the servers connected together and their load spread. The latency between the VPS's themselfs would likely be less than 100ms (i have found this to be the case for the VPS's i own they average on 50ms between the 2 farthest) So people could connect to the one closest to them and get a better route to the game helping to reduce their overall latency.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Wondering if this would even be possible - by LordKitsuna - 05-12-2013, 12:16 AM