IRC Channel
Hi All,

I really love this project, I've been looking for a replacement to the horrible bloaty Java server for a couple of years and made a couple of commits to craftd while it was still an active project. I'd love to try and contribute here too.

My question was is there an IRC channel that you guys frequent for quick-communication with the developers and if not, would it be worth setting one up? It'd be much more convenient for little questions than using the forum.

I did search the forum and wiki for "irc" but either my google-fu let me down or there isn't one currently.

Thanks,

Ravey
Thanks given by:
If you want to contribute there is github. There isn't an irc channel
Thanks given by:
There isn't one atm. Your best bet is the github issue system or the forums.
Thanks given by:
Call me stupid, but I and IRC don't work together well, I have never really understood its appeal.

I prefer the forum, so that the information that is once written is stored and searchable and can be linked to in the future, unlike an IRC chitchat.
Thanks given by:
I agree with xoft
Thanks given by:
Alright fair enough guys, I'm a big fan of the IRC protocol so I figured I'd ask Smile
Thanks given by:
IRC now exists, freenode #mcserver.
Thanks given by:
xoft, you should join. It's much less fun without you.

And if you're worried about info not being searcheable, there are logs: https://botbot.me/freenode/mcserver/
Thanks given by:
I can't even join T_T it says
Quote:#mcserver Cannot join channel (+r) - you need to be identified with services
Thanks given by:
You need to register with the services. (/ns help).
Thanks given by: