My first impressions and questions.
Hi guys, I have just installed mc-server and I thought you would like a feedback.

1-Download page is too complicated. There are so many files and it was hard to find which one is the latest.
2-There is no installation and post-installation manual. I couldn't even make myself admin.
3-There are so many files in the main directory after the installation. Licenses, DLLs, setting files etc. These must be in a seperate directory and main directory should only consist of the most important files. (like a main settings files)
4-Plugins directory is too complicated, similarly. I have some experience with coding and I have figured out what most of them do but still, too complicated for the end users.
5-MC-Server somehow created a world which only consists of some small islands. Weird.
6-There is no page telling the differences between MCServer and the other server softwares. For example, RAM is one of the biggest problems of Bukkit. How much RAM does MCServer require? If it is not too much, and if there was a page stating that, I'm sure many people would give a try.
7-MCServer command line somehow doesn't scroll with the mouse wheel??

I hope you don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to give a feedback as a complete beginner. I think MCServer has a great potential but it has problems with expressing itself.

Thank you, I'll be playing around with MCServer and try to code some plugins, maybe.

Lastly, sorry if I have grammar errors etc. as I'm not a native speaker.

tl;dr
More user-friendliness!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
My first impressions and questions. - by Guandor - 09-06-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: My first impressions and questions. - by xoft - 09-06-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: My first impressions and questions. - by xoft - 09-07-2014, 02:55 AM