My first impressions and questions.
1. I'm not a web developer. I have been promised by several people that they will make a page that would handle the downloads in an easy way. So far no-one has delivered on their promise. That's why the http://mc-server.xoft.cz page looks like it does.
3. Files reduced, I moved all the licenses into a separate folder.
4. Normally you don't need to do anything in the Plugins folder unless you're adding a new plugin, removing one, or developing one. Each plugins gets a separate folder, plus there's a few supporting files out there by themselves. I don't consider that to be a problem, but if you think it is, I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.
5. The current generator unfortunately seems to be very fond of oceans so most worlds start with an ocean around the spawn. There are new biome generators in the making that shouldn't have this problem, until then, just generate a wider area around the spawn (most easily using the ChunkWorx plugin in the webadmin) and then set spawn to a better area.
6. The differences change almost daily, there's no real will to document something so volatile. There's a forum post (Features and missing features) that gives an approximate overview. Memory-wise the server should be a bit better than Bukkit, but not much - Minecraft is inherently a memory-intensive thing.
7. Scrolling by wheel doesn't work in any console for me, so that never came up as an idea at all. Most of the console handling is provided by the OS shell, there is only a limited amount of tweaking we could do. However, up and down arrows work most of the time.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
My first impressions and questions. - by Guandor - 09-06-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: My first impressions and questions. - by xoft - 09-06-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: My first impressions and questions. - by xoft - 09-07-2014, 02:55 AM