World transfer - newbie questions
Hi there,

first off all: thanks for that fine peace of software! Smile
Two days ago I tried to start a new server on a Raspberry Pi. The whole setup didn't work well. A friend of mine was waiting to try it out (we didn't play Minecraft before) and so I used the Windows Server to get startet ASAP.

Yesterday I set up a complete new Banana Pi and everything worked fine !
I copied the "world" folder from my PC to the Banana (renamed the old one) and startet the server.
Seems like it's running fine.

BUT: first time, I played on my PC (with an original Minecraft Client an Account). My friend and me started at the same position.

Yesterday I installed the Minecraft Client on my Laptop, used the same Account to login. I was irritated that the spawn point is millions of blocks away from the original one. I even tried to copy the ".minecraft" folder from %appdata% from the pc to the laptop. Didn't help.

Can you tell me why this happens?
Does the spawn point somehow refer to the server IP? (just a thought because my friend uses my external dyndns Hostname to connect and I use the internal IP which logically differs now (PC -> Banana) )

And a last question: is it possible to copy the "world" folder to another server running on java?

Many thanks!
Cool
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
World transfer - newbie questions - by hoatzer - 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: World transfer - newbi questions - by xoft - 11-14-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: World transfer - newbi questions - by hoatzer - 11-14-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: World transfer - newbi questions - by xoft - 11-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: World transfer - newbi questions - by hoatzer - 11-14-2014, 09:30 PM
RE: World transfer - newbi questions - by xoft - 11-15-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: World transfer - newbi questions - by hoatzer - 11-15-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: World transfer - newbie questions - by xoft - 11-15-2014, 03:30 AM