Trees and Biome generator stuff
I have a really cool idea for the generators:

this means re-writing everything, i know, but it will make adding new biomes, trees, etc soo much easier, so here we go:

We make a new file called "biomes.ini" ore something, and there we can add all biomes like so:
[Name]
temperature: // defines wether it snows, rains or neither and which biomes can be generated next to it (warm biomes next to warm, etc)
treetypes: // defines which trees will be generated
treedensity: // defines how much trees should be generated (jungle has a lot, savanna has nearly no trees)
noise: // defines, how much noise will be added (so it changes the looks, like beeing flat or hilly)
features: // defines, which features CAN be generated in this biome (villages, strongholds, etc)
biomeborder: // some biomes (like jungle edge) can only be generated next to the jungle biome, so you would type in jungle if this biome would be
// jungle edge, otherwise type "-1"
ores: // defines, which ores can be generated (neded for e.g. emeralds)
biomeflag: // the major problem with this is, that the server needs to send the biome to the client (for the f3 screen), this option defines, which biome is sended to the client
[...]

that way you can easily add new biomes to the generator

then we have a "trees.ini" ore something for trees:

[Pine]
1:[blueprint]
2:[blueprint]

[MegaPine]
and so on, or similar to that, that way you can easily add your own trees

then we could have some files like the trees.ini for features like strongholds etc. although it will be hard to make a connection between those.
I mean you could easily define houses or paths, but how could you tell the generator that it should generate it with lots of other houses? (ideas?)

would be nice if you could tell me if you are ok with that Smile
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by NiLSPACE - 11-30-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 11-30-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 11-30-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 12-03-2014, 04:13 AM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by AntherusCraft - 01-23-2015, 04:55 AM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 01-23-2015, 05:30 AM
RE: Trees and Biome generator stuff - by xoft - 01-23-2015, 07:08 AM