Lua, Creating and destroying worlds
Sure.

Me and some friends we just finished a semester and wanted something to do.

I had this idea ( originally ), a scalable minecraft mini-game which would work in this fashion, a client connects to a modified MCServer ( either modified C++ or via plugin ) and that server has a bunch of slaves it would order one of them to create a mini-game instance ( like skywars for example ) this would be nothing but a short lived copy of a pre-made world, which would not need saving and could be destroyed when the game finishes.

A simpler version would mean making it work for one server only and then connect a bunch of them via bungee cord which would work fine as well, but it would be nice to be able to prevent the worlds form saving ( since they would have to be rolled back to initial state anyway so there is no need for saving ) and the world creation / destruction would be nice so that the solution wouldn't be having like hundreds of worlds / each possible minigame.

tl;dr i want to have minigames (like skywars) so i either create/destroy worlds or rollback changes made, and changes made one game don't need to be saved.

I might have screwed up trying to explain if anything isn't clear let me know.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Lua, Creating and destroying worlds - by Zentdayn - 02-06-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Lua, Creating and destroying worlds - by xoft - 02-06-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Lua, Creating and destroying worlds - by Zentdayn - 02-06-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: Lua, Creating and destroying worlds - by xoft - 02-07-2015, 03:41 AM