Poll: Do you want to have ability to write plugins in C++ or another language?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
No ( post why not , if you can )
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Another plugin language - beacos LUA is hard for some ppl
Hello evryone, i'm minigame server owner and i want to make my minigames with something else that Java. I'm not that good at LUA, i was trying one time - and i didnt like it / got it. I'm liking a lot more C++ or Java.

Also, what i'm not liking in java at all that is its memory usage - for server with 4 ppl online it takes 512 mb. A lot of it is core memory usage. So for small server ( like minigames ... ) java isnt perfect. Yes, you could do arena based plugins - but that is harder to mantain beacos Bukkit, and other cores arent multithreaded. Oh btw, we arent speaking about other servers ... Lets get to main topic of this thread.

So , what i wanted to say - i want to make minigames more efficiently. Server uses 71 mb vs 500 mb of java's impls. That is what i want, but how i sad - i dont know LUA.

So question is - why you cant add support for C++ plugins ? Yes, its harder to make them multiplatform. But you can - just same as Java. Have multiple libs for diffrent OS version. Also "deny" any system calls ( you can't do that good, but ... What we can do ? ). And that would be plugin author problem - not yours.

Second solution is to take compiler with you, and build plugins on go. That is a litle bit dummy idea beacos all C++ plugins will be OpenSource ( but all LUA plugins alredy OS, arent they ? ).

Maybe there are more solutions , that i'm not aware of. Also i can help with making C++ plugin api and stuff like that if you want. If i did miss something then correct me if you can.

Also sorry for my for my bad english - its isnt my native language.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Another plugin language - beacos LUA is hard for some ppl - by fhntv24 - 05-10-2015, 05:24 AM