Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files.
(10-27-2011, 09:07 AM)rs2k Wrote: How would I go about uncompressing the file to look at it? What format is the file in. If I could find a format that I could read I could very easily (I think) make a script that can convert it.
Look inside cChunkMap.cpp, that's the file that does all the loading and saving of chunks.
I actually call 'regions' 'layers', because in my mind they stacked ontop of each otherTongue but whatever.
You should look at cChunkMap::GetChunk() which deals with chunk decompressing
And you should look at cChunkMap::LoadLayer() which deals with layer/region loading

cChunkMap is overcomplicated for simple loading and saving chunks, it actually keeps the chunk's compressed data in memory until it's needed and then decompresses and loads it, it also goes the other way, when a chunk is no longer needed it is compressed in memory until the entire layer is no longer needed

(10-27-2011, 09:07 AM)rs2k Wrote: The ability to convert back and forth will get a lot more people interested in this project. Big Grin

True dat
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - by FakeTruth - 10-27-2011, 09:29 AM