Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files.
(10-30-2011, 10:44 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: At least you probably won't forget how it DOES work now ^^

:D Absolutely true.

What do you think about that NBT parser you created? Do you think it will work for this project or should I finish work on mine? The plan I had for the parser is to go byte per byte reading the information into different arrays based on what information the parser finds, then using those arrays to build the pak file. Pretty much the exact same thing that's happening in the file reading loop.

I could turn it into a class with separate functions to be more versatile, but I think that goes a bit beyond what information I need to gather from the mcr files. It's been my experience that procedural programming tends to be faster in PHP (sometimes orders of magnitude faster), so I tend to do that a lot. The shopping cart I programmed is VERY fast, but I don't use very many classes and only use functions when I need to use that bit of code more than once. Basically, I only used classes to keep track of the customer and shopping cart information since that's used on every page.

I'd imagine classes make much more sense in C++, the language is so much faster than PHP it's incredible. Being compiled, classes might actually be faster than procedural code. I don't really know.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Convert Minecraft server world files into MCserver world files. - by rs2k - 10-30-2011, 10:50 AM