Permission Inheritance
(05-18-2015, 06:25 AM)xoft Wrote: That's not a good idea, because of the multi-word commands based on a single word. Let's consider the Gallery plugin: it has a "/gallery claim" command and "/gallery reset" command. The first one should be available to all players, the second one should be available only to admins. So there's just no way to have "one command sets permissions for all commands"

When you write a plugin, you should structure your permissions properly (Gallery is a poor example, unfortunately). Make a guess at what the groups for individual commands are, and make use of permission subgroups:
"plugin.user.something1"
"plugin.user.something2"
"plugin.admin.dangerous1"
"plugin.admin.dangerous2"
This way admins can add "plugin.user.*" permission to their user rank and be done with it.

Of course, MCS supports "antipermissions", too. You can add the permission "gallery.*" and then specify restrictions as "gallery.admin.*".

I'd say these are powerful enough for most cases.

I think you didn't understand my point. What I was saying, players are completely irrelevant. What I was saying is that doing gallery.* granted access to all sub commands. The multi-word commands. Some way to cut down from typing out EVERY command. Does MCS support .* to give all permissions of the sub permission? Like plugin.admin.* plugin.* plugin.user.*

And what about rank inheritance? Is that implemented?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Permission Inheritance - by Shadowraix - 05-18-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Permission Inheritance - by xoft - 05-18-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: Permission Inheritance - by Shadowraix - 05-18-2015, 07:10 AM
RE: Permission Inheritance - by LO1ZB - 05-18-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Permission Inheritance - by Serial - 05-19-2015, 05:03 AM
RE: Permission Inheritance - by xoft - 05-19-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: Permission Inheritance - by Serial - 05-20-2015, 04:08 AM