Oldschool mushroom farming
I've been trying to grow them. If this was somehow supposed to still work, I believe either they broke and never fixed it, or I'm just doing it totally wrong. I've even tried it on the pocket edition to no avail. Creating ideal light caves and such. When was the last time anyone you know ever farmed mushrooms? I stopped once the big mushrooms had to be grown because it kind of feels so awkward to me, as far as game mechanics go. I've used dirt, cobblestone, stone and soulsand for them to grow on. Tried to follow quite a lot of instruction.

Maybe I should just give it one more go to make sure it's been really replaced.

I think it's alright if only new mushrooms (or newly generated ones in terrain and caves (does Cuberite ever put them in caves? They used to be there.)) are going to grow under these conditions. Back in the old days, some of them even grew nicely in the shadows of trees, but you could easily fill entire caves with them if you had enough patience. Smile

Old mushroom tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGrNhJCj2NU

Anyway, I'll try to build a "modern" mushroom farm in single player again to make sure it's not a Cuberite thing. Just to try it again -- it's been a while.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Oldschool mushroom farming - by Jammet - 01-13-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Oldschool mushroom farming - by NiLSPACE - 01-13-2016, 05:40 PM
RE: Oldschool mushroom farming - by LogicParrot - 01-13-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Oldschool mushroom farming - by xoft - 01-13-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: Oldschool mushroom farming - by Jammet - 01-13-2016, 07:19 PM