[not quite a guide] Run Cuberite natively on Android
That's not how android works. Android doesn't allow anything at all by default (which is, if you are no app). Apps can request permissions to do something, like the obvious Internet permission which is, to bind sockets. Btw, because it's Linux, noone else than root can bind low ports, security matters (dont quote me on that, this feature is in discussion on removing it entirely and replacing it by some other, eg it makes sure that not any arbitrary user can start an ssh server on port 22, you are sure that if the server is running on port 22 the system owner has done it and Noone else

I got a few other notes: if running it is via the app, I get the confirmation that the binary is starting, but It freezes instantly. I have tracked down the problem that it's most likely opening the log, but I am not entirely sure. Basically it's not denied o open it it's not allowed, but it's frozen as if it was waiting for something (maybe that has something to do with the new Android m permissions, but I am not sure. I will set the build number and target number to 22 in which case it's running without the new permission concept

Edit: if binding the port is still a problem I will look at it later, my main goal now is getting log output :p)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [not quite a guide] Run Cuberite natively on Android - by Schwertspize - 02-23-2016, 02:54 AM