[not quite a guide] Run Cuberite natively on Android
Hehe, if only I had an apk. I could add an apk, but 1. It assumes that you got patched server stuff already in the right locations, 2. It's hardcoded, 3. You would need logcat too, for reasonable output and root, because you would have to place everything on the right location. This is a very pre-alpha state. (partially logging goes into the text view but mostly it's just sout (system.out) because it's easy. You can just say sout and the stuff gets logged to logcat without struggling with threads, the ui thread and anr (application not responding)). 

As far as I know, android applys permissions to users (mine is u0_a98 where u0 means user 0 (android has users, that's the first user), a means app I think and 98 is some kind of counter) and everything including native is running under that user. But btw I am not running cuberite via the NDK as native, I am running the binary via a ProcessBuilder. That allows me to run it without sticking to the compilation of the apk although It might only run on armhf devices. Other then that, it makes the whole process much easier.

Edit: to be precise, the shell user you are as adb shell has no rights at all except root if you are in the manufacturing mode. But that's another story
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [not quite a guide] Run Cuberite natively on Android - by Schwertspize - 02-23-2016, 04:32 AM