[not quite a guide] Run Cuberite natively on Android
what i did confirm: the need for root was just related to how the binary is compiled. after choosing some of the other armhf builds, they worked like a charm (i even didnt have to patch them with patchelf...) (more updates on this post later)

edit 1: basically its what you can see from my (rather long) commit message:

shell is now changeable on runtime. root isn't required by app (1). inputLine almost finished. looked a bit at notifications
(1): root isn't required by the app, but sometimes the executable needs it, I assume its needed because of how the executable was compiled. probably needs further investigation.

edit 2: so... no root and no need of patching binaries. Hooray! (so i need basically just the libraries from the build sysytem in a seperated archive, seperated, because they dont change from one build to another. also binary and the other Server dir should be seperated)

Edit 3:
I thought about it again. We actually have 3 parts. 1. A one time download of the Server directory (or, if something changes like the crafting, we have to think about it). A nearly onetime download of the libraries needed. Only if they are updated (and used on the build server) through repositories they get updated. A many-time download of only the cuberite binary initiated by the user.

We got
- 8 libraries (maybe two more needed) with the overall size of 2.7MB uncompressed
- binary (around 8.1MB uncompressed normal mode, around 70MB debug mode (uncompressed))
- around 5MB uncompressed Server directory (without world, the world can reach gigs of data if it's a rather large one, same as on pc)

That's basically what we need to download (I would say to not enable debug binaries by default but by setting)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [not quite a guide] Run Cuberite natively on Android - by Schwertspize - 03-01-2016, 05:19 AM