C#/C++ Plugin API
I know, I know.... This is asking a lot! But I think I speak for a good amount of people when I say that being able to script in Visual Studio would be a HUGE step up from the "Advanced" Text-Editors that we're stuck with currently. I know the reason LUA is in place currently: It's simple to implement. Not only that, it's easier for "NON-Coders" to get into. This isn't really a request per say, more like a recommendation. This should at least be considered, in my opinion. It doesn't even necessarily have to be .NET C# (would be nice, though...)

Because of the language of the server, a C++ API seems like the easier way to go. All I'm saying is that JAVA Native server modifications (such as bukkit, spigot, etc.) have JAVA Native plugin APIs. I would much rather see a C++ Native plugin API than an obscure LUA API. That's not to say that both could be supported simultaneously. The current LUA API is clearly advanced in it's own right already. How challenging would it be to implement a C++ API?

I'm excited for an open and like-minded dialog. As such, please share your thoughts, opinions, and knowledge below Smile

Please and thank you,
nrgjrteherh435.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
C#/C++ Plugin API - by nrgjrteherh435 - 05-19-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: C#/C++ Plugin API - by xoft - 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: C#/C++ Plugin API - by NiLSPACE - 05-19-2017, 04:48 PM