questions about modding/plugins/etc
I'm not too familiar with any D&D-style stats, so I didn't know Smile

As for the backpack, it is possible for Lua plugins to open any kind of UI window the client already knows, so it's possible to make a special backpack command that would open up a chest-like window with items that are "stored in the backpack" (in the plugin's DB) and let the player swap those with their regular inventory / toss them to the ground etc. This would even be a reasonable workflow, since it would require some non-trivial time amount to "open the backpack" - i.e. type the command, and the items won't be accessible by regular gameplay mechanics (so a bow won't use backpack-ed arrows etc.)

You should perhaps do a bit more brainstorming about how the plugin would interact with things. How about multiworld - if there are multiple worlds in the server, will it affect all of them, or will you let the server admin to configure which worlds are affected? Or even further, will it be possible for a character to have different class / stats / backpack / ... for different worlds? It would make sense from some standpoint, but it affects the implementation quite a lot.

Afterwards, I'd recommend thinking about the commands that would be used by the plugin. How will the players choose their class? How will they access their backpack? Is there anything else that would need some interaction?

Then you can start coding, build a skeleton for the plugin and start implementing the individual "bones" gradually. I'd recommend posting some progress on the forum, as well as using an accessible repository online (github.com preferred), so that people can help you or even join you in the effort (it does sound like a fun project Smile Don't forget to choose the license from the start.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by xoft - 09-06-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: questions about modding/plugins/etc - by xoft - 09-07-2017, 06:10 PM