Some strange behavior - I don't know if it are errors
The pre-generate distance is only used upon server startup. It simply means that the server will try to have all chunks within that distance present in RAM - either generated, or loaded. Hence you get the memory usage, you're basically telling the server to hold 40k chunks in RAM. If I remember correctly, the logic is pretty dumb here and the server simply uses a cChunkStay to pregenerate chunks, meaning it really tries to fit all those chunks into RAM at the same time. Once all the chunks are prepared, the server will unload them, possibly in batches, and the memory usage will drop back to normal.
The pre-generation was not meant for such high numbers. Get the ChunkWorx plugin instead, it can generate (and re-generate) chunks in rectangle areas and it does so intelligently, holding only a few chunks worth in memory each time. It's perfectly fine to run it while actually playing on the server.
The message you get is normal, the server is just telling you that it's trying to load all those 40k chunks.

As for the second point, that is interesting, it would indicate some problem with the code, but if it happens only on an Amazon VPS, it's difficult to fix. However, it shouldn't be anything critical, it's just about some house-keeping. Is there any relevant message from the server just before these? I'd only expect to see these messages when the server is aborting its shutdown due to some other error, possibly crashing upon shutdown.

Are you running a binary version downloaded off our main page, or did you compile from the source? Perhaps if you could compile from source in Debug mode and try that, it would tell us more.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some strange behavior - I don't know if it are errors - by xoft - 02-07-2018, 06:14 AM