Compiling for powerpc (Darwin 9/OS X 10.5)
Serverside height is not possible atm and I don't think it's worth implementing. However, FakeTruth set out to implement dynamic chunk height, meaning that chunk will take up only the RAM they need for non-air blocks. Effectively, this is an even better solution.
There's also the setting for player viewdistance, making it possible to have less chunks loaded per player. The server starts each player with the server-side default ([Server].DefaultViewDistance in INI, 9 if not present), players may adjust the setting using the /viewdistance <N> command in-game.

I'll look into your changes and try to incorporate them into the svn sources.

Packet 0x7e is not documented and Windows clients don't send it. Are you using a vanilla client, or with some mods? 1.2.3 is the version curently supported by the latest svn versions of MCS.
Is there any preprocessor macro specific for your compiler, such as _MSC_VER for MSVC or __GNUC__ for gcc? I'd need that for your cSocket.cpp modifications. If you look closely, the strerror_r is already there, just a few lines below, in a different #if block (because stupid *nix community can't choose which one to useTongue )
I've tried to fix most of your issues in rev 402, but I'm not comfortable doing any of the changes you made to cSocketThreads. Both of the lines you indicated are vital to the program and it cannot function without them. If it crashes on them, then we need to find the reason for the crash, rather than commenting them away blindly.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Compiling for powerpc (Darwin 9/OS X 10.5) - by xoft - 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM