Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation
I think I have now sorted my thoughts enough to attempt the woodland mansions and ocean monuments.

It will require a new kind of generator. Somewhat similar to PieceStructures, but different in its processing of connectors. It needs to check all currently used pieces that ALL their placed connectors have a valid counter-connector to them. This will provide the guarantee that the structures don't have any holes in them and that their outer walls are complete and no internal parts touch each other and create unwanted corridors.

For ocean monuments, we'll need an additional vertical connector behavior. Current vertical connectors cannot be used for even-sized connections, they needn't fit after rotating the piece. We need a vertical connector type that changes when rotating the piece around the Y axis. That will be my first task on this, it will be shared with PieceStructures generator and will allow the TreePath prefabs we have in the Gallery.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation - by xoft - 12-17-2016, 10:53 PM