How do i actually go about running the linux version?
Hey i have a nice VPS with like 1GB ram and other nice specs want to try this out on it even tho i know its not ideal. I have the linux automated builds tar but what do i actually do with it?
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2013, 04:59 AM)LordKitsuna Wrote: Hey i have a nice VPS with like 1GB ram and other nice specs want to try this out on it even tho i know its not ideal. I have the linux automated builds tar but what do i actually do with it?
Smile someone using linux.
untar it with "tar -xvf MCServer.tar"
Go into MCServer directory "cd MCServer"
Run the executable typing "./MCServer"
Thanks given by:
installing screen might help just do screen ./MCServer when in the MCServer directory for it to keep running when you close putty Smile.
Thanks given by:
[root@Server1 minecraft]# ./MCServer
-bash: ./MCServer: cannot execute binary file

:<
Thanks given by:
did you go into the mcserver directory ?
Thanks given by:
Someone should really write up a step-by-step guide into the wiki. Any willing Linux afficionados out there?
Thanks given by:
I got it working thanksBig Grin
Thanks given by:
That's the point - you have it working, but the next person to come after you doesn't.
So be a good guy and describe what you've done to make it work. The next person will find this and instead of asking us, they'll know. And we could code MCServer instead of answering questions Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2013, 11:34 PM)xoft Wrote: Someone should really write up a step-by-step guide into the wiki. Any willing Linux afficionados out there?
When I have time I will write it. But it will be tomorrow. Today I haven't time.
Thanks given by:
There's already a basic skeleton, but it needs extending and maybe even completely rewriting:
http://www.mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=install
In the very least it should make it clear that the method installs from a third party build server, and link to the Compiling for completeness.
Thanks given by: