Plots plugin
It would be fine to have a plots plugin and give player their own territory because in creative server people can destroy other people buildings, and some buildings are incredible and need a lot of time to be done.
Thanks given by:
I think generating is relatively easy but assigning them is difficult.
Thanks given by:
(05-19-2013, 02:49 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I think generating is relatively easy but assigning them is difficult.
I think so, but it's posible to save the owner of a territory in a .ini file, and if the player is diferent to owner, then block breacking and placing blocks. But I don't know how to do that.
Thanks given by:
me neither ;(
Thanks given by:
I'd like to revive this thread Smile

I'm planning on hosting a creative server where people could build stuff that can be then used in the MC world generators. For that to work, I'd need a plugin that can deter people from griefing others' builds. Each player would get a 16x16 (size settable?) plot where they could build anything; each player can request an additional plot, a list of their plots, and teleport to any of the list items. It'd also be nice if the plots were grouped by theme, so for a plot request, one would have to choose from a predefined menu of themes (buildings, trees, ...), with each theme having a different coords for plot allocation. Plots should have some spacing between them to allow for easy walk-by; perhaps even some form of a "fence" around them so that the builders know the size of the area easily.

This plugin will most likely be quite similar to ProtectionAreas that I've already written. I don't really want to spend my time on such a related project, I think my time is better spent on other things in MCServer, so I'm asking someone to step up to the challenge and create this plugin for us. The ProtectionAreas' tutorial forum post [1] should be a valuable read to you and should have all the details you need.

If you remember the YouAreMinecraft event [2], that is similar to what I want achieved, but I want people to be able to have multiple plots.

In case you find this not challenging enough, there's a second part to this - a limited WorldEdit functionality, which only works inside one plot. This would allow for faster builds, but needs to be carefully developed so that there's no potential security vulnerability in it.

Ref.:
1: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1129
2: http://www.youareminecraft.com/
Thanks given by:
(06-26-2013, 05:33 PM)xoft Wrote: In case you find this not challenging enough, there's a second part to this - a limited WorldEdit functionality, which only works inside one plot. This would allow for faster builds, but needs to be carefully developed so that there's no potential security vulnerability in it.

This should be pretty easy. Load a plugin that detects if the selected block is in the plot. If not it should return true. Then the hook will not be called in the worldedit plugin.
Thanks given by:
And you just jumped right into a vulnerability: if I had two plots, selected one point in the first one, the second point in the other plot, then I could set blocks in between those two plotsTongue
Thanks given by:
If you have two plots then it doesn't work Wink

But what could work is that if the spots are more then 16 blocks from each other with the X and Z then return true.
Thanks given by:
That's a good idea. It would be fun to have a creative server and make structures for the generators.
I think what you say can be possible with WorldEdit and ProtectionAreas. WorldEdit has a class that returns the selected area. And I think it's possible to set a selection limit (16x16)
Thanks given by:
This is different from ProtectionAreas. Here, we want every user to be able to receive a protected area, unlike VIP-only ProtectionAreas. Also, the area "selection" should be automated, and a teleport command added.
Thanks given by: