Performance
Hi!

I know McServer have such better performance than a normal Java Server, but i want to ask you how much ram can that server take with some plugins, one world and ~30-40 players.
Thanks given by:
Hard to answer, we're still missing a decent chunk manager, so mcserver can actually take as much ram as available. Once we implement the chunk manager, you'll be able to calculate the absolute max ram requirements easier. Generally speaking, the mcserver core needs about 20 MiB base, plus about 20 MiB per each world, and each player can use up to 60 MiB for their chunks. These are very rough figures, so don't take them too literally.

If a player goes "exploring", the amount of ram used can go up to 1 GiB for that single player. That's why we need a better chunk manager Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-19-2013, 06:11 PM)xoft Wrote: Hard to answer, we're still missing a decent chunk manager, so mcserver can actually take as much ram as available. Once we implement the chunk manager, you'll be able to calculate the absolute max ram requirements easier. Generally speaking, the mcserver core needs about 20 MiB base, plus about 20 MiB per each world, and each player can use up to 60 MiB for their chunks. These are very rough figures, so don't take them too literally.

If a player goes "exploring", the amount of ram used can go up to 1 GiB for that single player. That's why we need a better chunk manager Smile
I'll try to make a plugin that unloads unused chunks. How do UnloadUnusedChunks work?
Thanks given by:
But you can at least play with about 4 players on a Raspberry Pi if you are not moving too much.Wink
Thanks given by:
In recent versions, calling UnloadUnusedChunks() isn't enough, because most of the chunks are still not saved, so they wouldn't unload anyway. You need to call SaveAllChunks() and then Unload.
Thanks given by:
I made a plugin that unloads unused chunks with /unloadchunks.
I'm not sure if it works, but it don't give any error, and for me the chunk count is decreased.

Attached Files
.zip   UnloadChunks.zip (Size: 607 bytes / Downloads: 194)
Thanks given by: