RCON Support
I see in the repository that there is an RCON client tool, but does MCServer on its own have a RCON feature?

I would like to support MCServer as part of my server control panel project (school project) and connecting by my new RCON client (https://github.com/bearbin/mcgorcon) would be nice and easy.

If it does, how could it be configured and what commands are supported?
Thanks given by:
The rcon should be fully implemented in the MCS side; it works simply - you send it a command, it executes it (as if given in the server console) and sends the results back to you. There was a rcon utility for vanilla servers that displayed things like banned players, that used to work when I last touched the rcon server. Unfortunately the documentation is somewhat vague so I didn't know whether the official rcon should work like a "tee" linux command, copying all the console output to the socket, or act like a separate channel over which commands can be sent; I've chosen the second variant, it seemed more logical to me at the time. If I were to implement it now, I'd probably choose the first variant, as that would allow the rcon management tool to even display the server's console log, even if it were a bit complicated with the output of commands possibly interlacing with other server output.

To enable rcon, you need to set these values in settings.ini:
Code:
[RCON]
Enabled=1
Password=PasswordToUse
PortsIPv4=25575
PortsIPv6=25576
Careful about the password, though, the protocol has no encryption, so it's sent over the link in plaintext. That's probably the biggest disadvantage of rcon overall; if it had been implemented over SSL, it would have been much better (because it would effectively eliminate the need to run MCS under "screen")

I guess I wasn't explicit enough with the answer about which commands are supported. The rcon supports the exactly same commands as the server console, which means any plugin can implement a command that is available for both. Actually most of the useful commands such as the banlist is already implemented in the Core plugin.
Thanks given by:
OK, that's good.

RCON is just supposed to display the output of commands, at least that's what vanilla does. It would be nice if it showed the console, but it does not Sad

Otherwise, thanks, it all looks good to integrate.
Thanks given by: