cannot eat food
I've been looking for an open source server I could mod/extend to add new capabilities. Was hoping for Java, but I programmed in C++ for over 10 years before learning Java, so could possibly extend it.

Anyway, built from source on Fedora 16 (64-bit). A major bug is I cannot eat the bread I just made. It goes through the animations. After 5 seconds, hand returns to normal position, but chewing pieces and audio continue so long as you hold button down. Yet, nothing is consumed. Bread and hunger remain the same.

That's a pretty critical bug. lol

Another less critical bug (or feature?) is you have to wait 10+ secods after an item drops before you can pick it up.

Any ideas on how to resolve? I don't see anything logging on the server, but think I built in release mode. Will rebuild and try with debugging.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried relogging after eating. Does the food regenerate then? You should also probably submit this on the github issue tracker.
Thanks given by:
I also have the pickups bug, it's a new bug. Try with an older rev (60 revs older maybe) and pickups should work fine.
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2013, 03:03 AM)bearbin Wrote: Have you tried relogging after eating. Does the food regenerate then? You should also probably submit this on the github issue tracker.

Relogging didn't help. Neither did restarting the server.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, strange. Have you tried holding the eat button for a while, like a min and see what happens?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forums Wink

Is it only bread or is it all the food?
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2013, 04:40 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Welcome to the forums Wink

Is it only bread or is it all the food?

Ditto for apple. Holding for 1+ minute didn't matter. It just keeps on going.
Thanks given by:
hmm, Realy weird. It works normal for me. Maybe it is an Fedora/Linux only thing. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Thanks given by:
An idea here. Can you test if smelting things in a furnace works? If the fuel gives the proper length of smelting, and items take the proper amount of time to smelt? I have a hunch about the cause of all this.
Thanks given by:
It does seem a timing issue, that's why I suggested the extra length. But i suppose it could be running super slowly.
Thanks given by: