[noob needs help] Commands
I don't seem to have any commands?

When I type : OP [my name] it tells me that that isn't a valid command, type 'help' to get a list of commands available...

I type: help, that isn't a valid command, type 'help' to get a list of commands available

seems legit?

please help me out
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Yes, the help command unavailable is a known issue and is planned to be fixed.

Are you sure you have the Core plugin installed and active? You need the Core subfolder in MCServer/Plugins folder, and it should have about 40 .lua files in it; and you need to activate the plugin in the MCServer/settings.ini file (see this wiki page for details: http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=co...ns_section ). Basically, you need a "Plugin=Core" line under the "[Plugins]" header. Normally, this is the default for newly downloaded server package.
Thanks given by:
If you cloned the repository yourself, you need to do a git submodule init and git submodule update.
Thanks given by:
Are you giving the op command on the server console, or the in-game console? The in-game console /op command can only be used by ops, so you cannot use it to op yourself (because you already need to be an op to use it). The server console version should be available at any time.
Thanks given by:
Try adding your username to users.ini ?

like this:
Code:
[SGT_Miniman]
Groups=Admins
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2013, 09:42 PM)FakeTruth Wrote: Try adding your username to users.ini ?

That's what the server-console version of the op command should do automatically.
Thanks given by:
Also, are you sure the op command actually exists?
Thanks given by:
Op command dont exist. INnconsole, use /rank [player] Admins
Thanks given by:
well, the help command doesn't work also... so everyone thanks for replying, but I know how to OP myself...

I do have settings and settings.example.example but no setting.ini
Thanks given by:
If you're on windows, the OS hides file extensions for some file types, so your "settings" is most probably "settings.ini".
Thanks given by: