Crafting Problem on Mac/Linux
I cannot craft any items when using either the player's or crafting table's crafting slots. For instance, if trying to create a wood planks from a wood log, after placing the log into the crafting slot, the resulting planks will appear for a fraction of a second but then disappear. I've tried clicking on the resulting item slot, it doesn't allow me to pick anything up. I've tried creating some other items and have had the same results.

I've tried this on Mac (10.9) and Ubuntu (as a virtual machine) and have had the same issue. I'm compiling this code from the repository on GitHub as I'm working on some of the issues and want to test the changes I've made. I've also cloned straight from the repo (before I've made any changes) with a fresh install of Minecraft and still have the same issues. I have tried this on a Windows box with code from mc-server.org and do not experience this issue.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and if so, were you able to resolve them?
Thanks given by:
Hi,
I would suppose that the server failed to load crafting recipes. Those are loaded from the crafting.txt file that has to be located in "current folder"; usually that means the folder with the executable. If you've built using cmake, the executable should have been placed in the $/MCServer folder, and there's a crafting.txt file right there in the repository. However, if you run the server from another folder, it won't find the file.
Another cause could be that the file cannot be read for some reason. It has happened before that the recipe file reader reported errors on one platform, but not the other, but I could never reproduce that, so the bug was never fixed.

Have a look a the server console output, if you see anything recipe-related, it might provide a hint.
Thanks given by:
Well that's embarrassing. Tried again from $/MCServer/ and it worked. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
I didn't know this either. I also had to chmod the configuration files too.
Thanks given by: