Transition to cmake on Windows
I have moved the windows nightbuilds to CMake. It seems everything is working smoothly, so I'm inclined to remove both VC2008 and VC2013 folders, since they no longer contain anything useful.

I'm going to bed now; if I don't see any objections by tomorrow morning, I will make it official.
Thanks given by:
I think @tigerw will be very happy with this.
Thanks given by:
I don't have any objections.
Thanks given by:
Hey,

Just wondering
I do use vs2012, do i just install and run a cmake command and it generates the vs files or ?
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Yep, works fine. :D

However, the program in Release doesn't seem to be compiled with the fastest optimisation settings:
Code:
Optimization: Maximize Speed (/O2)
Enable Intrinsic Functions: No
Favour size or speed: Neither
Enable fiber safe optimizations: No
Whole program optimization: No

And the executable is in MCServer/MCServer/Debug instead of just MCServer/MCServer.
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2014, 07:30 AM)ThuGie Wrote: [...] do i just install and run a cmake command and it generates the vs files or ?

Yes, you need to install cmake, and then run "cmake ." in the MCS repo root. It should auto-detect which VS you have, if it doesn't, you will need to use the -G option to specify the version (use "cmake --help" for a list of possible values).
Thanks given by:
Damn, the CMake version again compiles against the dynamic CRT runtime (msvcr90.dll et al.), I need to fix that first.

I knew there was something wrong with it, the executable was suddenly several hundred KiB smaller.
Thanks given by:
Dynamic CRT fixed.
Link-Time Code Generation for Release builds fixed.
Basic compiling guide written.

I think we're ready to remove the VC2008 and VC2013 solution files, what do you think?
Thanks given by:
I did one last check to see if it compiles and it does so I guess we can remove those folders.
Thanks given by:
Tiger, are you ready?Big Grin
Thanks given by: