Copying world from old server to this
As the title says I'm looking for a way to copy my current stock minecraft server over to MCServer for the purpose of being a bit less abusive on my ram but when i copy world over MCServer.exe crashes on load any help would be appreciated thanks
Thanks given by:
MCServer it's compatible with Anvil so you should't have any problem. Do you removed MCServer world and put a new?. Do you have Storage=Default at world.ini?
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, I have this problem too. Something to do with loading entities and a NULL pointer. I'll see if I can provide a world for xoft to test.
Thanks given by:
I have it set to anvil which is the thing that boggles me the most. My world is around 500mbs to not sure if that matters.
Thanks given by:
The storage schema that you set in world.ini is used only for saving, MCServer always tries to load chunks from all schemas it can, including anvil.

I'll need a few more details about the crash. Are you using a windows version, or a linux one? Do you compile it yourself, or are you using the binaries from the nightbuilds? Can you follow the "How to report crashes" guide and post some details? The guides are here: https://forum.cuberite.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10
Thanks given by:
I think I've fixed the issue in the latest version, try again please.

Shame on you, tigerw, such an easy thing to fix, you should have been able to fix itTongue
Thanks given by:
Aw, it may be easy for you, but I couldn't think of any sort of link between where it crashed and where the problem was.
Thanks given by:
It crashed while doing m->World->HasEntity() in the cEntity's destructor. The debugger would've told you m_World was NULL, and from there you could just walk the callstack up to see why it's being called with such a value.
Thanks given by: