Suddenly Cannot Access Server
So, I can't access my server all of a sudden. I get a "connection refused" when I do a direct connect and I can't "find" the webadmin page.

I haven't actually fiddled with my internet settings recently and it was working yesterday. Furthermore, I've checked out my router, firewall, and anti-virus and none of them seem to be blocking it. Also, I double checked my IP address as well. I'm a bit confused
Thanks given by:
Do a "netstat -na" command (if on windows; on linux do "netstat -ntl") and see if the port for the server is reported as open. If so, try doing a Wireshark capture for that port ( http://www.wireshark.org/ ) to see if the traffic is actually getting to the server.
Thanks given by:
The port is open. (Listed as "Listening")

As far as Wireshark goes, I have no idea what I'm doing.... Would statistics->endpoints->UDP(IP4 IP6) tell me if the port is open?
Thanks given by:
In wireshark, you want to start a new capture on the network interface through which you connect (note that localhost loopback isn't supported), add a filter to match only the port selected (usually "tcp port <portnum>") and run the capture. Then try connecting to MCServer, you'll see wireshark listing all the network packets being sent in each direction.

As a bit more lightweight solution, have you tried stopping and re-starting the server?
Thanks given by:
I only run the server when I debug MCServer, so yes, I've stopped and restarted the the server.

As for Wireshark, I've filtered all packets to those with destination TCP port 8080. Lots of grey and black; The black ones are retransmission packets.

I still have no idea how to read this info- I never learned networking tech and this is kind of jumping straight into the deep end, I think. Wouldn't it be easier to a port checker?
Thanks given by:
You've already used a port checker - the netstat command.
So what exactly is your setup? Is the server running on the same machine as the client? What OS? What address are you using to connect ("localhost", local LAN address (192.168.x.x), or external NATted IP, assuming you are using NAT)?

When the server is not running, are the ports still displayed in the netstat output?
Thanks given by:
Set up: Windows 7 32 Bit.

The server is on the same machine as the client. In Minecraft I'm using direct connect, for the webadmin, I'm using 192.168.XX.XXX:8080 .

And the 8080 port is only displayed when the server is running.

Well, it's working again. Today IPConfig is giving me a new IPv4 address that it wasn't before. So...yep.
Thanks given by:
If it's on the same machine, you can simply use "localhost" as the network name, that always translates as "this machine" in all the networking code ever. No need to check the IP addresses.

So your webadmin should work at http://localhost:8080 and minecraft should be perfectly happy with the address "localhost" (add the port if not standard)
Thanks given by:
Thanks!
Thanks given by: