Cannot connect to auth server
Just downloaded MCServer but I can't log in. I get this error every time:

cannot connect to auth server "session.minecraft.net"

I have a valid Minecraft user ID which I can successfully log in to other servers with. My son can't log into the MCServer instance with his account either. I'm using the latest MCServer build for OS X (31df0268).
Thanks given by:
Hi, welcome to the forum.

You could try disabling the auth if the server is on your local network only: http://wiki.mc-server.org/doku.php?id=co...on_section

The auth is working for me on the public Gallery server, so I suppose it is just a network issue of sorts.
Thanks given by:
(03-17-2014, 03:58 AM)xoft Wrote: Hi, welcome to the forum.

You could try disabling the auth if the server is on your local network only: http://wiki.mc-server.org/doku.php?id=co...on_section

The auth is working for me on the public Gallery server, so I suppose it is just a network issue of sorts.

Thanks, that did work. I thought of that but was confused about where that file was located. Turns out it just gets created right in my home directory which doesn't seem like a standard location for a Mac installation (I'd think a better place would be /library/application support/MCServer). However, up and running now for what I want! Thanks.
Thanks given by:
We create the settings files in the working directory. So if you run it from your home directory the settings will be in your home directory. We support a lot of systems and trying to locate the standard location for settings on all of them would be a nightmare(%APPDATA% on windows, application support on a mac, /etc or /home on linux/FreeBSD).
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2014, 03:26 AM)worktycho Wrote: We create the settings files in the working directory. So if you run it from your home directory the settings will be in your home directory. We support a lot of systems and trying to locate the standard location for settings on all of them would be a nightmare(%APPDATA% on windows, application support on a mac, /etc or /home on linux/FreeBSD).

Understood. I was more making excuses for why I couldn't find it. Smile
Thanks given by:
I and was also more explaining for anyone who comes across this in the future.
Thanks given by: