Noob AI suggestions
I'd like to mention that I know almost nothing about MCServer internals, and these are just general thoughts from what I know about stuff like this.

* Currently, AI movement is very "jittery". This could be worked around with a Gaussian function (or similar, box "blur" or whatever) applied over time to the supposed path, which would probably reduce the "jitteryness" significantly.
* Another approach would be to randomly select "goal" coordinates (for peaceful mobs) continuously or target players in a region (monsters), and then use some form of pathfinding to get there. There are several existing A* pathfinding implementations for Bukkit, and I'd think that it wouldn't be too much effort to port it to C++ and MCServer. For example, this and this. I'm not sure if MCServer already uses A* pathfinding.
* Final note, endermen seem to just refuse to teleport when they're in a body of water (it's not uncommon to see them just jumping on lilypads). An approach would be to make mobs "active", and if they're stuck within one "region" for too long, choose another "goal" if possible.

Anyways, nice work on the project, and I'm really glad to see a viable alternative to the vanilla server!
Thanks given by:
Those are nice ideas, but unfortunately it's too soon for them. We first need to get the foundation working - we need to split the mobs code into individual components, so that it's viable to actually implement any AI on top of it.
Thanks given by: