Several questions about raspberry pi
1) What is the maximum sustain online server? (map 1000x1000) Has anyone tried?
2) What about the online maps? how to do?
sorry for my english:D
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 10:59 PM)Boo Wrote: 1) What is the maximum sustain online server? (map 1000x1000) Has anyone tried?
MCServer is very fast, but it´s nor 100% stable, i can crash it easily by chaning my flyspeed to something like 500x
( i have to report that crashTongue )
(04-07-2014, 10:59 PM)Boo Wrote: 2) What about the online maps? how to do?
Online maps like DynMap?
(04-07-2014, 10:59 PM)Boo Wrote: sorry for my english:D
What is your nativ language?
Thanks given by:
How many people can play on Raspberry pi ? How many people play in your Raspberry pi ?

My native language - russian :-)
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2014, 02:02 AM)Boo Wrote: How many people can play on Raspberry pi ? How many people play in your Raspberry pi ?

My native language - russian :-)

I think 3 on the RaPi with 256 MB ram and 6 on the RaPi with 512 MB
Thanks given by:
I've had 6 players in the Gallery server and there were no problems at all, but the Gallery server is rather specific - it has many features disabled to prevent griefing, has no fluids, entities, redstone, and the players don't go exploring the world so much. I'd still say 10 people on a 512 MiB RasPi should be fine.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'd think that that would be about right. It would be more once the new chunk sparsing changes come out. If you wanted to optimise more, you could turn the compression level down because that takes a lot of the idle CPU time.
Thanks given by:
I don't know, I haven't seen much change in the CPU usage with different compression levels - but then, I didn't make any specific measurements, I don't know my way around *nix that much.
Thanks given by:
When we profiled MCS a while back we found that compression was taking about 30% of the CPU load. That wasn't for a particularly active server, though.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but that was both protocol compression and storage compression; what is the ratio between the two?
I remember setting the compression level to zero on the Gallery server at first, but when it produced a gigabyte worth of world data, I decided to go back to level 6 (the default) and had to write the MCA defrag utility to make the world reasonably small again (~30 MiB).
Thanks given by:
No idea, gprof doesn't provide that info.
Thanks given by: