Wiki has been hijacked!
Sad 
Hi guys (and girls)

Just made an account to share that the wiki has been hijacked my marketeers

http://wiki.mc-server.org/doku.php

There doesn't appear to be a revert on the edit page either :C

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the heads up, I reverted the page; but the spammer keeps coming. FakeTruth needs to do something about it.

To revert an article, you go to page history, select and view the old revision to use, then edit the page and finally save.
Thanks given by:
I recommend a wipe and a better (if possible) wiki system. Hopefully we can start clean, and not have any spam.
Thanks given by:
There's still useful stuff in the wiki - all the configuration options, especially the world.ini and settings.ini; and wiki is by far the best format for those. Can these be migrated onto GitHub Wiki easily?

From what I've seen in the GitHub Wiki, I miss the sidebar with the menu in it; it made navigation simpler.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 08:26 PM)bearbin Wrote: I recommend a wipe and a better (if possible) wiki system. Hopefully we can start clean, and not have any spam.

(04-11-2014, 09:11 PM)xoft Wrote: There's still useful stuff in the wiki - all the configuration options, especially the world.ini and settings.ini; and wiki is by far the best format for those. Can these be migrated onto GitHub Wiki easily?

From what I've seen in the GitHub Wiki, I miss the sidebar with the menu in it; it made navigation simpler.

I would suggest to use MediaWiki for the online MCServer wiki.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I don't like the GitHub wiki either. MediaWiki is a huge pain to set up, but quite good once you've got there.
Thanks given by:
I really liked docuwiki because it's easy to setup, but maintaining it is horrible D:
Thanks given by:
Or you could just set up a drupal website with a wiki module. It could handle the wiki, current releases of plugins and MCServer. That's what I would do anyways.
Thanks given by:
I might like to do the Plugin Directory, like DBO or BukGet. But Drupal, why?
Thanks given by:
Drupal is easy to extend, manipulate, you don't have to write a whole lot of code to get a site up and running, if you want to add a new feature someone has probably already written a module for it, and all you have to do is drop it in and configure it. Plus it makes user management a breeze.
When I initially started my web development career, I loved CakePHP because I could understand it very easily when it came to coding. But I've come to love Drupal more. Believe me, each has their place, but for something like I have proposed, Drupal would be the best choice.

And don't even get me started on Joomla and Wordpress. *shudder*
Thanks given by: