Downloading...
Hey all,

I loaded up a Survival Games map onto my MC Server and connected. When I connected it immediately started lagging like nuts because it was downloading the WHOLE MAP. I don't know what's going on, but is there any way to stop this or only load a small amount (render distance)?

I have no idea how bukkit handles it, but I'm pretty sure it's not downloading the whole map. The lag was unbearable (I have a pretty good PC, I've never had this problem), and I was just wondering if there was a fix to that.

If we have really big and complex maps, I'm not sure how we will be able to handle this. Is there any way of making it faster on connect?
Thanks given by:
The server never loads the whole map. On startup it loads the spawn area, and then for each player it loads the chunks in their view distance.
We don't see any of this behavior. Can you provide a download of your map for us to try it out?
Thanks given by:
I think you can reproduce it by getting a map produced by singleplayer and trying to connect to MCServer with it.
Thanks given by:
Does it happen for all such maps?
Thanks given by:
Pretty much,

When it loads up the world, its abnormal, the way MCServer seems to load maps is weird. I tried a couple of SG maps and it was the same, these were all saves from the internet that worked fine in Bukkit before.
Thanks given by:
OK, this doesn't seem to happen the same anymore. It slows down a little bit though when loading the chunks.
Thanks given by:
It gets better after first load I think.
Thanks given by:
I've been having this same issue for a while. I just figured it was a problem with the client not being able to process the packets from the server quick enough.
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2014, 12:21 AM)SamJBarney Wrote: I've been having this same issue for a while. I just figured it was a problem with the client not being able to process the packets from the server quick enough.
What about install Optifine, and activate "Dynamic Chunk loading" and then set the chunk updates to 5 Chunks/frame? Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll test it out and get back to you.
Thanks given by: