AI Algorithms
Hey all,

I've been looking at the AI in MC Server, and.... and...

Okay, straight to the point. Can we just take algorithms from Bukkit on their AI and script it? I mean the AI ain't real, spawn a witch and it slides sideways to a Cactus. Fail.

Just a suggestion of course, this AI is kind of weird.
Thanks given by:
Body rotations are broken, hence the sliding. For cacti, it's a matter of adding a rule to prevent that location from being chosen.
Thanks given by:
lol,

Yeah, this kind of needs to be fixed. I'm not rushing anyone, just letting you know.

For my server, it shouldn't effect it very much, however, I can see this going terribly wrong...

So just a thought that we could steal the algorithms from Bukkit and implement it here.
Thanks given by:
We won't steal anything. If they made it open-source, then we may take their source and adapt it, according to their license. But no stealing.
Thanks given by:
Anyway, Bukkit doesn't have any AI code - that's vanilla and Bukkit just wraps that with a Plugin API.
Thanks given by:
I do think we should create some kind of LuaMob so mods can use MCServer as well. Maybe something like: cWorld::SpawnCustomMob(a_MobType, a_HandlePhysicsCallback, a_HandleTickCallback, more?)
Thanks given by:
Or rather, componentize first and then let Lua replace the components of any mob, not only the custom ones.
Thanks given by:
Any plan on body rotations being fixed?
Thanks given by:
AFAIK a PR was merged a few mins ago that fixed it.
Thanks given by:
If I remember correctly, we were going to fix the AI by turning it all into components like xoft said, and making it available to be extended in the plugins. I can get back to doing that, if people are willing to help.
Thanks given by: