Essentials for MCServer (2)
This is xoft and the others, not me.
Thanks given by:
I believe the plugin can be acquired by the "mc-server organization" on GitHub. I'd prefer, though if the plugin had its code polished up so that it could be considered "Exemplary Plugin Code"; and also there are several other Essentials plugins, we want the best. Why don't you guys work together, instead of working against each other?
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2014, 08:42 PM)xoft Wrote: I believe the plugin can be acquired by the "mc-server organization" on GitHub. I'd prefer, though if the plugin had its code polished up so that it could be considered "Exemplary Plugin Code"; and also there are several other Essentials plugins, we want the best. Why don't you guys work together, instead of working against each other?

Working together is a good idea, there are many problems that are stopping me from adding more commands, befor I add new. If anyone is pleased, we have to decide which github repo we use for it.
Thanks given by:
Yes we could work togheter, but I want to work with my code.
Also, what do I have to polish exactly?
Thanks given by:
There are Essentially (pun intended) zero comments on the helper functions - what they do, what params they expect. Also, zero param-checking, so if someone uses the function wrong, they won't know what hit them.
The Homes subsection could use SQLite storage instead of plain files, and messy ones.

I have to say, I'm positively surprised that you picked up the Info.lua way of doing commands. Good job on that Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks to STR_Warrior

Do you say zero param-checking for functions.lua or commands?
I need to learn SQLite Sad
Thanks given by:
Speaking of the Info.lua file. You can make the InfoDump file generate an README file. As you can see you can even give each command it's own category
Thanks given by:
I strongly believe that all functions except the command and hook handlers, and the local callbacks, should have a comment saying what the function does, what params it takes and what the return values are. And it should verify its params using assert(). It would have to be a very special-case function to make me consider otherwise.
Thanks given by:
Now I want to adds kits, but I don't know any good way of making configurable kits. Any idea?
Thanks given by:
How are kits configured in Bukkit? By editing a file, or by issuing commands in the server?
Thanks given by: