New Pull Request Builder
I was thinking about the issue of testing Pull Requests - you have to clone the person's repo and build it, which can take a fairly long time and be inconvenient. Would there be any demand for a service which automatically produces binaries for Pull Requests and posts them as comments?

I could do Linux x86 and x64.
Thanks given by:
If you can provide storage travis can upload images at the end of builds.
Thanks given by:
How much storage are we talking about? I've got some 5 GiB left on mc-server.xoft.cz where the windows nightbuilds are already hosted, would that be enough for a reasonable time?
Thanks given by:
That would cover ~30 builds which given the rate we're producing them would only go back a week.
Thanks given by:
Really, only that few? What are we storing on those builds? The Windows builds are ~1.5 MiB exe, plus 2.5 MiB of PDBs (stripped debug info) each. I had no idea the Linux builds were that much larger. Perhaps we could compress them somehow?

On my RasPi, which is the closest to Linux I have, the release binary is ~30 MiB when built in RelWithDebInfo mode, and about 6 MiB when stripped. So what are the rest?
Thanks given by:
I'm not definite about the size, I think its about 15-20 MiB each, but there are 8 builds. 15-20*8 = 120-160. I may have got the maths wrong though. Its ~30 builds a week producing linux-clang-x86-release, linux-clang-x64-release,linux-clang-x86-debug, linux-clang-x64-debug, linux-gcc-x86-release, linux-gcc-x64-release, linux-gcc-x86-debug and linux-gcc-x64-debug.
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's necessary to keep all the builds, just one or two should be enough?
Thanks given by:
Which ones? gcc/clang differences are unusual but I've run in to a couple, 64/86 is essential as we need x64 to stress test some components and some people only have x86. Also they tend to show issues with overflows. debug/release is also essential. So we could probably half the number of builds by dropping gcc but the others are important. So 4 is minimum number of builds because desktop linux is two platforms (x86/x64) not one.
Thanks given by:
Well then, try zipping all of them up? Should compress pretty nicely.
Thanks given by:
No idea how they'd compress and I don't have access to a full set of images (don't use x86). Also Travis only provides a hook for individual builds not the whole set so we'd need to re-compress them on your side. Shouldn't cause a problem though.
Thanks given by: