world generator
Sorry was away.
Okay tested it now with commands. In release version the creating of the worlds with added hook for chunk generating, let the server crashes with that error
Code:
[12:56:32]   D:    | MCServer has encountered an error and needs to close
[12:56:32] Details | SIGABRT: Server self-terminated due to an internal fault

In debug mode the server crashes with that error
Code:
[7f11c5d0d700|12:53:47] Assertion failed: !"Unknown world in cDeadlockDetect", file /home/lukas/cpp/MCServer/src/DeadlockDetect.cpp, line 112
MCServer_debug: /home/lukas/cpp/MCServer/src/DeadlockDetect.cpp:112: void cDeadlockDetect::CheckWorldAge(const AString&, Int64): Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

If I don't use the hook, the worlds gets created and I can join it. Sorry have no idea how I can provide more informations.
Thanks given by:
I think I've found the problem, cDeadlockDetect can't handle additional worlds being created.
Thanks given by:
Should be fixed in ef85bef978795956208214794aec91122584b648, the linux jenkins builds will be up shortly.
Thanks given by:
I added a new world in the settings.ini and now I was able to teleport to the world and the hook works fine too, getting now a sky world.
Only warning that I now get is this
Code:
[19:09:02] Chunk generator overloaded, skipping chunk [23, 24]
I think I can fix this, If I load the chunks before teleporting.

Now back to creating a world over a plugin, my thought is that I forget to set a value somewhere over the api, that lets the server still crashes with that message.
Code:
[19:05:49]   D:    | MCServer has encountered an error and needs to close
[19:05:49] Details | SIGABRT: Server self-terminated due to an internal fault
Thanks given by:
Consider creating a world in a plugin an operation that is not allowed at this moment. The admin should create the world manually by editing all of the world's settings, and then restarting the server to take the new world into account.
Thanks given by:
Okay ty very much for your help Smile
Thanks given by:
Is it maybe an idea to export cNoise to Lua?
Thanks given by:
Not sure about that, it'd be a bit faster than calculating the values in Lua, but I fear the glue code would actually take a lot of the performance out. Perhaps a different kind of API would make sense - a 2D or 3D array of numbers and operations on it - just like what we were discussing with @worktycho when he was trying out the GPU optimization. The Lua code could create such an array, do a few operations on it, that would be pretty fast, and finally apply the numbers somewhere - either a biome map, or a height map, or whatever.
Thanks given by:
I think unless we get LuaJIT running doing worldgen in lua is not doable. The API I was designing wouldn't work as all functions had to be defined at compile time. If we want third party world generators I think the best bet is a C API using dlls/shared objects.
Thanks given by: