Real Portals
I am new to all of this; please, don't be too harsh...

As simple as I can word it, my request is that minecraft portals were more like the portals of the popular game under the same title. So you can see through them, and when you pass from one, the transition between the two worlds would be as smooth as walking (i.e. no waiting to download chunks). Animals would walk through the portal as bold as you please and projectiles would travel as well.

And the best of it? Even if someone here were willing to do something like that, there is no client mod to interpret the data. So if someone were to take on this idea, they would also have to create a java, client based mod.
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2014, 10:56 PM)jimmis98 Wrote: This is a plugin request from a person new to programming, even newer to minecraft's entrails, so please, don't be too harsh on the comments if you consider my request overambitious, irrational, ignorant, or whatever else you might think of it.

As simple as I can word it, my request is that minecraft portals were more like the portals of the popular game under the same title. So you can see through them, and when you pass from one, the transition between the two worlds would be as smooth as walking (i.e. no waiting to download chunks). Animals would walk through the portal as bold as you please and projectiles would travel as well.

And the best of it? Even if someone here is willing to do something like that, there is no client mod to interprete the data, as far as I know. So if someone were to take on things idea, he would also have to create a java, client based mod. yay.

Seeing where the Portal leads is not possibile due to Minecraft limitations.
The other tnigs schould be feasible.
Thanks given by:
Anything is possible.
Thanks given by:
Just not very likely.

I have once seen a video of a (bukkit?) plugin that made portal-like gameplay possible in a minecraft server - the player could place red and blue portals (lava / water blocks) and walk through them to be teleported to the other one. Although not ideal, it was good enough, perhaps except the visibility problem when in lava.
Thanks given by:
There is the portal mod, which adds portal guns and you can see through those portals.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 04:37 AM)bearbin Wrote: There is the portal mod, which adds portal guns and you can see through those portals.
link?
Thanks given by:
link
Thanks given by:
Good luck writing your thesis. If you don't cite references, there's no way you're gonna passTongue
Thanks given by: