GPU code
May I try to compile it? What would I need for that?
Thanks given by:
Does GCC crash? We should try to get an online compiler to compile it and see what happens...
Thanks given by:
I'm trying it now.

gcc just produces massive errors. Here's another reason to use another method: one error results in 121 lines of output.

121 lines may not sound like much but on average each line is 4.5 million chars long.
Thanks given by:
Uh. What sort of code are you feeding the poor programs?
Thanks given by:
50-100 nested deep templates.
Thanks given by:
On average... 4.5 million characters!!!
Thanks given by:
Since Option 1 on the original post has now been shown to be infeasible what are peoples preferred options? We've now got tolua working automatically on MSVC so that would mean the builds would be simpler for option 2 and 3. Personally my preferred option in option 3 with a lisp.
Thanks given by:
You need to keep in mind that we're supporting Windows, which doesn't seem to have that many languages supported nativelyTongue

I'd go with option 4.
Thanks given by:
Also the fact that there really isn't a language that has the same support as C++ that provides the features necessary. I was thinking of writing my own lisp compiler. As for option 4 remember what happened with the old SSE generator. And we'd have four or five now.
Thanks given by:
We'd need to rewrite most of the generator code anyway, to use arrays of values and operations over them. It should be fairly easy to make the split happen then.

"An own lisp compiler" sounds like a bad idea, regarding the cross-platform builds such as Android. We don't want to use any self-compiled tools, remember?
Thanks given by: