BlockyLand[MCServer][24/7] [Minigames, Survival, Creative, Skyblock, Parkour]
I was on the server to play skyblock and found out that lava doesn't work. I can place it, but It doesn't flow and If I go into the lava block, I don't get any damage.
Thanks given by:
Hircine should have announced it but he didn't, so here I go.
BlockyLand has been (temporary?) closed because of financiation problems. (I'm not allowed to say how was the server paid and why are we closing, ask Hircine about that). I tried to do my best and I really thought it could get succesfull as the first public MCServer server, but it hasn't been possible.
But I think we are really near to it, so I saved all the server ans its plugins before Hircine closed the vps, but we have no host (well, there is mine, but 128mb ram...)
Thanks given by:
Would a raspberry pi be a good enough host ? :p
Thanks given by:
Thanks (if you did the proposition seriously), but I dont think RasPI is good enough for a public server (and the person who says it has done a public java server with as low as 128mb ramTongue)
I guess it wouldn't, at least as its concibed the server now (Different gamemodes, including survival). It could only be viable without entities (especially mobs). And doing it that way. I think the minimum would be a vps with 256mb of ram + swap at least.
Anyway, I dont want to use anyone other's internet/physical hardware.
Thanks given by:
You can get 512 meg pies now Smile

Also, check out the GitHub student pack if you're a student, you can get 20 months of DigitalOcean credit for a 512 meg vps for free.
Thanks given by:
I have a vps, I could set you up an account on it. We would share the 4GB its got (I run a regular server but its not public so it doesnt use much ram, only set at 1GB now.)
Thanks given by:
Thanks but I really dont want to use anyone's other paid hardware. And I have to say I've got an ambitious idea (needs collaboration):
Now MCServer is compatible with BungeeCord, if we had a plugin for BungeeCord Portal (using plugin channels I think it was):
-Creative connects you to the xoft gallery server
-Survival connects you to tigerw server (he already has one with nothing set on it so we could just load the map&plugins there)
-SkyBlock connects you to ThuGie server.
-Minigames, parkour and hub in my vps.

What do you think, if there was a plugin to do that, would you collaborate?
Thanks given by:
Sure why not :p.
Thanks given by:
Sponge is being made by the biggest developers from the bukkit plugins part. They work together with 2 developers from bukkit itself. They will maybe make it work but still isnt a full project server owners can work on. MCServer runs, got plugins, got players. And we will see in future what it becomes. Since Craftbukkit got taken down we need something to run the servers and now we have an opportunity Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 05:53 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: What do you think, if there was a plugin to do that, would you collaborate?

That is actualy a pretty good idea. We do need the plugin first thoughTongue I could try and write it if I know how the Spigot version does it.
Thanks given by: