a bit of help
hey everyone
yeah im new to the community, but i would like to make a few plugins, i have programming experience but i dont have scripting experience with Lua
ive tried copy and pasting some code and i get errors, but terribly...i deleted the codes in partial "programmer rage" -_-
can someone show me a correct template for just a usual plugin?
i already read the wiki, it doesnt show what i really need to put Sad

i plan on making a few plugins so can i have some newbie help here please?Big Grin
[off-topic]
how do i set myself as a admin on my own server? xD
Thanks given by:
Download MCServer from http://www.mc-server.org/ and look in the plugins directory, there should be several plugins in there already for you to look at.

You make yourself an admin by adding your name to the users.ini file and setting your group to Admins
Code:
[YourNameHere]
Groups=Admins

Look in groups.ini to find out what groups exist, and what rights they have
Thanks given by:
oh...well i looked at the plugins and when i modify them they say cant enter nil value or something close to that :/
Thanks given by:
Since you have programming experience, you should be able to figure out what the Lua warnings/errors are and how to fix them.

A nil value simply means a variable has not been assigned a value or is empty(nil). Find the line the error occurs on and find out what variable might be nil. Dig deeper and you might find the source of your problems
Thanks given by: