info.lua question
AdditionalInformation is displayed in the external documentation only - use the MCServer/Plugins/InfoDump.lua script together with a Lua executable to actually generate the docs. It is expected to be an array-table of tables, each item has a Title and Contents members, each a string. Each such item is output as a separate section in the documentation, with the specified heading. To split a paragraph, simply put two newlines in the string.

Have a look at the Gallery plugin (that is referenced in the Info.lua article), it has probably the most complete Info.lua file, because the technology was developed on that plugin. GalExport and WorldEdit have a decent info files, too. The info file for the Core is somewhat lacking, it could use some polishing touches.

Feel free to open a PR for improvements in the Info.lua article (it is stored in the main MCS repo at MCServer/Plugins/APIDump/InfoFile.html). I tried to write it as good as I can, but I'm not a native English speaker and I developed the technology, which makes it somewhat difficult for me to judge the article's clarity.

As for the Author property, we discourage putting "signatures" in the code, because it discourages cooperation. If someone's "signed" in a file, others are reluctant to make changes to such a file simply because they fear the authority. We prefer to have a CONTRIBUTORS file that lists the contributors - that way they get the attribution, but don't disturb the improvements process. Of course for your own plugin you are free to choose any schema you want.

--
@STR_Warrior what do you mean? That if the server detects the Info.lua file, it would auto-load the InfoReg.lua helper file so that the plugin can call it without the first "dofile"? That would be a small help but it would make the server somewhat inconsistent, special cases like that make changing the behavior later on nearly impossible.
Thanks given by: tryy3 , Seadragon91

Messages In This Thread
info.lua question - by tryy3 - 09-16-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: info.lua question - by xoft - 09-16-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: info.lua question - by tigerw - 09-16-2014, 03:26 AM
RE: info.lua question - by xoft - 09-16-2014, 03:40 AM
RE: info.lua question - by tryy3 - 09-16-2014, 03:54 AM
RE: info.lua question - by NiLSPACE - 09-16-2014, 04:21 AM
RE: info.lua question - by xoft - 09-16-2014, 05:26 AM
RE: info.lua question - by tryy3 - 09-16-2014, 06:53 AM