problem with maps
i would like to import a minecraft map to mcserver

but when i copy an paste map data. and i run server, it re-create the map and all done in it removes.

can anyone guide me how to import maps to mcserver easily.
thanks
Thanks given by:
Can you upload the map?
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

First, run MCServer - this will create a default map for the server, in the "world" folder.
Go into the "world" folder and note that there is a "region" subfolder in it.
Take your world that you want to move, and locate its "region" folder.
Copy all files from the original "region" folder into MCS's "region" subfolder.

If your world has Nether and / or End, things will be a bit more complicated. You will need to add a new world to your settings.ini, that will represent the Nether / the End. Then create the folder for that world (same name as in settings.ini), create a world.ini file in it and set the Dimension to Nether or End, then create a region subfolder and finally locate the Nether / End region subfolder of your original world - usually they're in the DIM-1 / DIM1 subfolder. Copy the files from the original region folder to the new region folder, and you're done.

@STR_Warrior I think this is a good candidate for your FAQ.
Thanks given by:
(09-27-2014, 08:09 AM)xoft Wrote: @STR_Warrior I think this is a good candidate for your FAQ.

Done Smile
Thanks given by:
I used minecraft 1.8 test was not successful.
I try this method , new the World, then replace region.

After entering MCServer, maps are a lot of holes. Right should be completely flat map.

WorldLoader(world): Block entity mismatch: block type mobspawner (52), type "MobSpawner", at {-131, 12, -22}; the entity will be lost.
[13:25:22] Chunk generator performance: 44.06 ch/s (89 ch total)
[13:25:23] Chunk generator performance: 44.94 ch/s (182 ch total)
[13:25:25] Chunk generator performance: 47.45 ch/s (288 ch total)
Thanks given by: