Custom Block Creation?
Is there a way to make a custom block/item in a plugin without having to edit the servers ini files?

I want it to be self contained in the plugin for when I distribute it.

I need to know how to make a custom Item that I can access just using the name/item number to create cItems.

I need to know how to add the artwork and the 3D object, etc...etc...

thanks for any help.
Thanks given by:
The server doesn't handle any artwork, it's a client's job to do so. The server only provides the logic, the behavior of the block. Some custom blocks should be possible to do already, with their behavior defined within the hooks the server provides (such as "if a player right-clicks a block with the custom item in hand, this happens"), some behavior cannot be implemented in the current state (such as "if the block is powered by redstone, make it emit redstone signal of double the strength").
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2014, 05:49 PM)xoft Wrote: The server doesn't handle any artwork, it's a client's job to do so. The server only provides the logic, the behavior of the block. Some custom blocks should be possible to do already, with their behavior defined within the hooks the server provides (such as "if a player right-clicks a block with the custom item in hand, this happens"), some behavior cannot be implemented in the current state (such as "if the block is powered by redstone, make it emit redstone signal of double the strength").

I've seen it done on other servers where the artwork is sent to the clients. However if its not possible on this one, what would be the method for a client side plugin to handle the artwork?

What would be the method to create a custom item/block and have it be registered with the server (even if it doesn't have custom artwork)?

How would you go about implementing custom behavior when right clicking a block?
Thanks given by:
MCServer supports every block by default, even if they are not vanilla. So when someone with a mod places a block from that mod, MCServer will allow it like it was normal, and provide no special behavior for that block. Then a plugin can use the OnPlayerRightClick hook. You simply check if the player is right clicking on the right block, and then do stuff if it is.
Thanks given by:
I am not aware of any "standard" way of sending artwork to a client other than the resource pack; and even then a client mod is still needed to actually implement the custom item / block.
Thanks given by:
I've seen some blocks with text on them (not signs), I have no idea how that was achieved. I used the vanilla client and joined a server with plugins...
Thanks given by:
It's custom maps in item frames.
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2014, 12:30 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: I've seen some blocks with text on them (not signs), I have no idea how that was achieved. I used the vanilla client and joined a server with plugins...

Can you provide an image for that?
Or was it that?

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/hol...-displays/
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2014, 12:45 AM)bearbin Wrote: It's custom maps in item frames.

That's probably it then

(10-24-2014, 12:45 AM)Seadragon91 Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 12:30 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: I've seen some blocks with text on them (not signs), I have no idea how that was achieved. I used the vanilla client and joined a server with plugins...

Can you provide an image for that?
Or was it that?

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/hol...-displays/

Nope
Thanks given by:
It's something more like this: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/imagemaps/
Thanks given by: