General MCServer Help
Due to the recent loss of Bukkit, I have been exploring options for a new custom server. I believe that MCServer could be what I'm looking for, but I am having trouble with getting started. Here is a list of things I am stuck on:
  • With the WebAdmin, I am not able to log in. Upon editing the setting file, I enter a user and password, but after starting the server I notice the file has deleted the password. Am I doing something wrong?
  • How do I add someone, like myself, to a rank?
  • Are there any plugins similar to factions available?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Q: With the WebAdmin, I am not able to log in. Upon editing the setting file, I enter a user and password, but after starting the server I notice the file has deleted the password. Am I doing something wrong?

A: Have you removed the semicolon and whitespace at the beginning of the lines?

Q: How do I add someone, like myself, to a rank?

A: with core installed do "/rank <user> <rank>" ingame or "rank <user> <rank>" in console

Q: Are there any plugins similar to factions available?

A: I do not know a faction plugin for MCServer
Thanks given by:
For the webadmin, could you type an example for me? And for the ranks, are there any predetermined ranks? If so, what are they?
Thanks given by:
For the webadmin, see the bit that says:

Code:
; [User:admin]
; Password=admin

Make it look like this:

Code:
[User:username]
Password=passwd

Where your username is username and password is password.
Thanks given by:
You might be using a reload. That only is for plugins. And if it still doesn't work then try it in this order:
  • Stop the server
  • Edit the file and save it
  • Start the server

Because it could be possible that we have a bug where the server overwrites the server file with the settings it has loaded.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 06:19 AM)thesilentdiablo Wrote: For the webadmin, could you type an example for me? And for the ranks, are there any predetermined ranks? If so, what are they?

The ranks are (case-sensitive) : Default, VIP, Operator, Admin
Thanks given by:
Thanks! You guys have helped immensely.
Thanks given by: