Please help
Hello everyone, my name is Ivan and I live in Russia and enjoys playing minecraft. I recently won a competition computer (8 gigabytes of RAM, CPU cycles 3.91 GHz Hard Drive 500 gigagbayt) And I would do it server Minecraft game and just recently found your McServer project and I want to use it to create your own server. But the trouble is, I do not know any programming language. And I could not even afford to issue administrative rights on your server kernel.
I ask you to teach me how to work with your server core McServer.
P.S: Write everything without abriviatur so I can translate using Google translator.

All translated using Google translator.:D
Thanks given by:
I think @xoft might be able to help you. If I'm correct he can speak Russian.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 09:56 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I think @xoft might be able to help you. If I'm correct he can speak Russian.

How do I contact them ? Skype can write it ?
Thanks given by:
Give it time. He will see this eventualy Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello. Well, I don't exactly speak Russian, I just happen to understand it a lot, since it's a language similar to my mother tongue. So if you write in Russian, I might be able to understand you better. It is always a good idea to add your original text to the google-translated version, so that we can translate it ourselves.

If I understand correctly, you want us to describe how to manage a server running MCServer. That's easy - you just run it, it comes with reasonable defaults out of the box. Without any configuration, the server provides a good gameplay for small LANs. If you want to put the server out to public, you should probably add some plugins to prevent people from destroying your minecraft builds on the server. You most likely want the ProtectionAreas plugin, the Essentials plugin etc. To install a plugin, download it and put it in the Plugins subfolder that is next to the server.

Feel free to ask questions, but please make those questions reasonable. "How do I run a server" is a bad question - there's no single good answer. "How do I make it so that only certain players can join the server" is a good question which will get you a fast answer.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 11:47 PM)xoft Wrote: Hello. Well, I don't exactly speak Russian, I just happen to understand it a lot, since it's a language similar to my mother tongue. So if you write in Russian, I might be able to understand you better. It is always a good idea to add your original text to the google-translated version, so that we can translate it ourselves.

If I understand correctly, you want us to describe how to manage a server running MCServer. That's easy - you just run it, it comes with reasonable defaults out of the box. Without any configuration, the server provides a good gameplay for small LANs. If you want to put the server out to public, you should probably add some plugins to prevent people from destroying your minecraft builds on the server. You most likely want the ProtectionAreas plugin, the Essentials plugin etc. To install a plugin, download it and put it in the Plugins subfolder that is next to the server.

Feel free to ask questions, but please make those questions reasonable. "How do I run a server" is a bad question - there's no single good answer. "How do I make it so that only certain players can join the server" is a good question which will get you a fast answer.

Add me on skype, please. My login skype: latyshspele .
Thanks given by:
I don't do Skype. And if you have a question, it's likely that someone else has the same question, so ask publicly and by giving you an answer here, I will make it possible for them to find the answer later on.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2014, 01:04 AM)xoft Wrote: I don't do Skype. And if you have a question, it's likely that someone else has the same question, so ask publicly and by giving you an answer here, I will make it possible for them to find the answer later on.

Извини за долгий ответ.
Напиши пожалуйста, как запустить этот McServer? Объясни, что куда писать и так далее.
Thanks given by:
First, you need to download the server: http://builds.mc-server.org/ (choose the version according to your operating system, x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64-bit)
Unpack the file downloaded from the build server to a folder.
If you're on Windows, double-click the MCServer.exe file in the MCServer folder. If you're on Linux, run the MCServer executable inside MCServer folder.

That's it, easy.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 12:12 AM)xoft Wrote: First, you need to download the server: http://builds.mc-server.org/ (choose the version according to your operating system, x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64-bit)
If you're on Windows, double-click the MCServer.exe file in the MCServer folder. If you're on Linux, run the MCServer executable inside MCServer folder.

That's it, easy.

Ну а как установить IP адрес? Изменить название сервера и его описание?

(11-07-2014, 12:12 AM)xoft Wrote: First, you need to download the server: http://builds.mc-server.org/ (choose the version according to your operating system, x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64-bit)

That's it, easy.

И еще, как выдать себе права администратора? Команда /op Nickname не работает!
Thanks given by: