World transfer - newbie questions
Hi there,

first off all: thanks for that fine peace of software! Smile
Two days ago I tried to start a new server on a Raspberry Pi. The whole setup didn't work well. A friend of mine was waiting to try it out (we didn't play Minecraft before) and so I used the Windows Server to get startet ASAP.

Yesterday I set up a complete new Banana Pi and everything worked fine !
I copied the "world" folder from my PC to the Banana (renamed the old one) and startet the server.
Seems like it's running fine.

BUT: first time, I played on my PC (with an original Minecraft Client an Account). My friend and me started at the same position.

Yesterday I installed the Minecraft Client on my Laptop, used the same Account to login. I was irritated that the spawn point is millions of blocks away from the original one. I even tried to copy the ".minecraft" folder from %appdata% from the pc to the laptop. Didn't help.

Can you tell me why this happens?
Does the spawn point somehow refer to the server IP? (just a thought because my friend uses my external dyndns Hostname to connect and I use the internal IP which logically differs now (PC -> Banana) )

And a last question: is it possible to copy the "world" folder to another server running on java?

Many thanks!
Cool
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The spawnpoint is set in the world.ini of a world (world/world.ini). It could be that something happened to that file. If there is nothing wrong with that file, then there might be something wrong with the player file.

As for the last question: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...62#pid5562
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

You need to copy the "players" subfolder as well, that one stores the player's locations, inventories etc.

As for copying the world to a Java server, yes, it's possible, although a bit more involved, and of course the world will have visible boundaries between where the terrain was generated by MCServer and Java server (because the generators are not the same). You need to copy the .mca files from the "region" subfolder from the world folder to java server's world folder.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much! works like a charm Smile

One more question:
is there somewhere a description about the options in the webif? Like "animas on" or "SaplingBonemealable" ?
Thanks given by:
There was a wiki for that, but it's hopelessly outdated. You may try to scrape bits of info off of there, but no promises.
http://wiki.mc-server.org/doku.php?id=co...:world.ini

AnimalsOn specifies whether mobs are spawned in the world.
XYZBonemealable specifies whether XYZ grows when it is right-clicked with a bonemeal. MCS can be configured so that bonemeal works on cacti or sugarcane as well, or it doesn't work on specific crops, etc.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the link!
These two options were just examples. Smile

Can you explain to me what this hole is?
A failure while the server generated the map?

Picture

And if I change the settings for [Monsters]

Animals On:
Animal Spawn Interval:
Monster Types:

they don't appear in the settings.ini
Thanks given by:
The hole is a generator failure that we've been trying to hunt down for ages and obviously we haven't succeeded yet. I thought it was fixed, but you seem to have found a way to it again.

The Monsters / Animals are no longer settable in settings.ini, but rather each world has its own mob settings. It's just no-one has updated the webadmin for that yet.
Thanks given by:
hmkay - how can I increase the number of animals?
I only got some wolves, less cows and maybe 1 oder 2 chicks around.
Thanks given by:
That's a problem with the generator- we don't have a terrain finisher that would populate the generated chunks with animals, so the only animals present in the world are from the temporal spawner. And because it is modeled after vanilla, it spawns farmable animals only very rarely.
Thanks given by:
I've created a GitHub issue for tracking the animals generator: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues/1595
Thanks given by: